EF Technologies Smoothie
timer, supplied by EF
Technologies, is designed for electric power and rubber
models. There are a variety of timers, each of which supports a
selection of the following features:
- it only needs two button pushes to restart after d/t. It
does not need to be powered off and on again before it will
restart. As a consequence it may not be legal for F1Q
because in my opinion it is too easy to restart after a
- it has separate timers for power run and d/t
- both timers can be set from zero to 999 seconds in 1 second
- the electric motor power can be set in 5% increments.
- timer setting and flight operation is via on-board buttons
though the start button can be remote.
- it supports both brushed and brushless motors.
- small brushed motors that draw up to ten amps can be
controlled directly by the timer.
- brushed motors the draw more than ten amps and brushless
motors require an ESC to be used.
- it can use a servo or a hot wire for d/t.
- if a servo is used it can only be driven from one limit to
the other, so it can not be used for VIT and AR.
- depending on the model, the timer weighs between 2.2 and
2.8 grams and can run off 1 to 3 Li ion batteries or a BEC
There is also a d/t only version that would suit rubber
models: it has just a d/t timer and hot-wire d/t.